Homecoming Bazaar Vendor Information
The Hampton University Office of Student Activities cordially invites your business to participate in our annual Homecoming Bazaar to be held on Friday, October 14, 2016. As in the past, we anticipate a wide variety of patrons including our students, faculty, staff, distinguished alumni and members of the community.
|Date of BAZAAR:||October 14, 2016|
|Time of BAZAAR:||10am - 4pm|
|Set-Up Time of BAZAAR:||8:30am|
|*Please do not arrive earlier than 8am.|
The bazaar will be held from 10am - 4pm in front of the Student Center, which is located at 135 Marshall Avenue (map). The vendor fee for this year will be $155.00 ($40 for Hampton University students) and will include the rental space and one eight foot table. This fee only applies to the Bazaar held on Friday. To become a vendor on Saturday, October 15, 2016, please contact Ms. Evelyn Stewart at 757-727-5383. The fee does not include chairs; you will need to supply your own. (Depending on the needs of your organization, additional fees may be charged and a detailed explanation of these charges will be enclosed.) The deadline for applications, agreements and payments is Friday, September 23, 2016. Late charges will be assessed for anyone who does not meet this deadline. Payments must be made by cash, cashier's check, or money order; no refunds will be granted under any circumstances. We encourage you to respond as quickly as possible; space is limited this year. We are also extremely limited in the number of electrical outlets we can provide. This year that limit will be strictly enforced. There will be no on-site registration. Space is not guaranteed after October 7, 2016, if full payment is not received by the deadline.
Food vendors are the only vehicles that will be allowed to park behind their booths on the grass. All other vehicles will park in an assigned area in Lot 11. In the column to the right, you will find links to the bazaar registration form, and an application for electrical outlets. Please read all information thoroughly and fill out all paperwork completely. Please be sure to read the special notes area at the bottom of this page, it contains information that is specific to this year's bazaar.
Absolutely no items bearing Hampton University's name and/or logo may be sold at the Bazaar unless you are approved by Auxiliary Enterprises, telephone number 757.727.5210. You must have a Business License, which must be visible at the Bazaar.
If you plan to prepare and sell food on site, then you need to obtain a food permit from the City of Hampton Health Department. The Health Department will inspect in the morning.
If you require electrical outlets, please complete the application for electrical outlets section of the registration form.
All Bazaar Registration Forms must be signed by the business owner or student.
Please complete the form, and return it to:
We look forward to your participation in the 2015 Hampton University Homecoming Bazaar. Should you need additional information please contact the Office of Student Activities by calling 757.727.5691.
- Please do not arrive or attempt to set up earlier than 8:00 a.m. as there will be no one available to assist you. When arriving, please check in at the registration table located behind the Student Center.
- If your space is not kept as clean as before you setup, a $15.00 clean-up fee will be charged to your organization.
- If you have not paid in full by the start of the Bazaar, you will not be allowed to set up.
- If you plan to sell food, you must obtain a permit from the City of Hampton Health Department and follow the regulations that they have in place for this type of event. The Health Department may be reached at 757.727.1140 ext. 139.
- No music may be played by individual groups or organizations on the Bazaar grounds. Music will be provided by the campus radio station.
- All table assignments will be predetermined by the chairpersons of the Bazaar committee prior to your arrival. This will be your permanent position. The registration fee is based on the width of one eight foot table.
- Failure to comply with all rules will result in immediate dismissal from the Bazaar
and campus by University Police.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.
- If you have not set up by 12:00 p.m. and not contacted the office, your space will be closed for the day. Each vendor must pick up a vendor party pass, which will be given upon entrance into the campus along with parking and set up instructions.